New Researchers Symposium | Winter 2019
February 28, 2019 I Chicago
Hosted at Harry Caray's Resturant, 33 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL
With additional online learning leading up to the in-person event
Apra is excited to bring you another New Researchers Symposium in 2019! This winter 2019 program brings back the popular in-person networking opportunities and exercises combined with web-based learning in the weeks leading up to the event. Register for the New Researchers Symposium and you will have access to the online community of attendees and faculty experts, and a one-day, hands-on training taking place Thursday, February 28.
The program focuses on the four key areas of prospect development: Campaigns, Prospect Research, Prospect Management, and Data Analytics. It also explores fundraising terms and technologies, as well as techniques and resources for finding and analyzing biographical, background, and financial information; introduces participants to corporate and foundation research, and explores how available data can be used to formulate gift capacities and inform fundraising operations. In addition, the program covers guiding concepts related to prospect research, such as navigating ethical considerations in conducting research, best practices for managing and reporting prospect data, and creating quality research products.
Look for more information, including the faculty lineup and full agenda for the in-person event, to come soon!
Who Should Attend?
Fundraising professionals new to prospect development who wish to fast-track their capabilities and skill set.
What Will You Learn?
- Practical skills and knowledge to be applied immediately in prospect development work.
- The critical role prospect development plays in the fundraising process.
- How rewarding and FUN it is to work in the field of prospect development!
- Attendees will also have multiple opportunities to share experiences with other colleagues new to the field, begin to build a network of professional contacts, and acquire materials that will help to improve their work.
What Else is Included in NRS Registration?
In the 6-8 weeks leading up to the event, NRS registrants will be given access to an online community to network with fellow attendees, download resource material, and communicate with faculty experts. Make the most of your registration by contributing to this community!
Eight information-packed webinars will be made available for on-demand access across the below topics to prepare you for the hands-on day in Chicago, which will cover more around ethical considerations, reporting prospect data and creating quality research products. The webinars are between 15-45 minutes each and include:
- Prospect Research Overview
- Researching Individuals: Biographical Information
- Researching Individuals: Wealth Indicators
- Corporate and Foundation Research
- Estimating Capacity Ratings
- Prospect Identification
- Relationship Management
330 N. WABASH AVE. SUITE 2000, CHICAGO, IL 60611
312.321.5196 | INFO@APRAHOME.ORG